Standard First Aid & CPR
Duration: 14–16 hours. Flexible scheduling options.
Comprehensive two-day course offering first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for those who need training due to work requirements or who want more knowledge to respond to emergencies at home. Includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines. Meets federal and a variety of provincial/territorial regulations for Standard First Aid and CPR. Exceeds competitors’ standards by including injury prevention content, CPR and AED.
Instructor: Red Cross First Aid Instructor or Instructor Trainer.
Completion Requirements: 100% attendance, skills demonstration, and 75% min. passing grade on written exam.
Certification: 3-year certification in Standard First Aid, CPR Level A, C, or HCP, and AED.
Recertification: 6–8 hours; includes CPR Level C, adheres to local legislation.
- Preparing to respond
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Wound care
- Head and spine injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
Includes any other content required by specific legislation
- Red Cross First Aid & CPR Manual
- Certification card and optional wall certificate (or as required by legislation)