Emergency Child Care First Aid & CPR
Duration: 8 hours. Flexible scheduling options.
Basic one-day course offering an overview of first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills with a focus on childhood injuries and illnesses. Course is designed for those in the early childhood education industry as well as for parents/caregivers. Includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines. Exceeds competitors’ standards by including injury prevention content, CPR and AED.
Instructor: Red Cross First Aid Instructor or Instructor Trainer
Completion Requirements: 100% attendance, skills demonstration, and 75% min. passing grade on written exam.
Certification: 3-year certification in Emergency Child Care First Aid, CPR Level B, and AED
Re-certification: 6–8 hours
- Preparing to respond
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Head and spine injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Wound care
- Severe allergic reactions
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Keeping children safe Includes any other content required by specific legislation
- Red Cross Child Care First Aid & CPR Manual
- Certification card
- Optional wall certificate (or as required by legislation)